Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Peace in the Midst of Discomfort

It’s hard to believe that it’s been over a month since my last post! Last week the TVYFC team took a trip to Northern Ireland to lead a kid’s club for about 40 kids. We had a lot of fun playing games with them, teaching them Bible verses, and most importantly sharing the love of Christ with them! We were also able to do some sightseeing while we were there, and it was absolutely beautiful. The Lord has blessed me immensely with such an incredible team. My favorite part about the week was seeing all of us come together to make this kid’s club happen. Each one of us is so different and possess so many unique qualities and abilities, yet we all share a common purpose: to see Christ’s name made famous among the people of the U.K. One thing this trip reminded me is that the Body of Christ is extremely powerful when we unite together in order to achieve a specific task. I was also encouraged to remember that He is at work EVERYWHERE. No matter what continent you’re on or what country you’re in, His purposes are being fulfilled and He’s calling us to join in on the mission of seeing people from every tribe, tongue, and nation come to know Him. 

Another exciting event I was able to take part in this month was the fall youth retreat. We had about 20 kids from 3 churches in the central Stockton area come together for the weekend. The theme for the retreat was “identity in Christ” and the kids had an absolute blast. I had the privilege of teaching the first session and leading worship for the other two sessions, but my favorite part of the weekend was the country western night. All the kids dressed up in their country western gear and we bobbed for apples, ate chips and salsa, practiced our best country accents, AND taught the kids a couple line dances. Honestly, we had no idea how the kids would react to this “theme night”, but it turned out to be a HUGE success. They loved learning the dances and wanted to keep doing them after the night was over! All in all, it was a great weekend. Furthermore, it gave our youth band some practice before leading worship for the congregation that next Sunday in the morning AND evening services. This has become one of my main responsibilities as a youth worker in the church. The band consists of me and around 3-4 young people in our youth group. At first, I was a little nervous to take on this “project”, but it has actually turned out to be a huge blessing. The young people are doing a great job and I think it has really blessed the congregation to see them lead. As of right now we are scheduled to lead worship once a month, so please pray that the Lord would continue to give me guidance and direction as I lead.

As I reflect on these past couple of months, I’ve realized how much the Lord is stretching me. Each day presents new challenges, but I am SO thankful to be pushed out of my comfort zone. I have much to learn and so many areas to grow in, but I find comfort and peace in knowing that the Lord will never leave me (Deut. 31:6). In fact, Hebrews 13:21 says that He will perfectly equip me for whatever He’s calling me to do. My job is simply to be obedient. Please pray for my team as we continue our work in the Tees Valley and pray for life change among the youth and the children. I am genuinely so thankful for each one of you, and my prayer is that the Lord would equip YOU for whatever task He’s calling you to. Thank you for your continued prayers and encouragement! 


“20 Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, 21 equip you with everything good that you may do his will, working in us that which is pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.” Hebrews 13:20-21



No comments:

Post a Comment